- Author: Christopher Bartley
- ISBN 13: 9781472524768
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Academic
- Date published: 2015
- Page: 324 pages
- Keyword: Philosophy; Triết học Ấn Độ; Lịch sử
- Local: 02041001605 181.4 BAR 2015 P. DVTT KHTN&XHNV - Kho Nhân văn Tham khảo
Introducing the topics, themes and arguments of the most influential Hindu and Buddhist Indian philosophers, An Introduction to Indian Philosophy leads the reader through the main schools of Indian thought from the origins of Buddhism to the Saiva Philosophies of Kashmir.
By covering Buddhist philosophies before the Brahmanical schools, this engaging introduction shows how philosophers from the Brahmanical schools-including Samkhya, Yoga, Nyaya, Vaisheshika, and Mimamsa, as well as Vedanta-were to some extent responding to Buddhist viewpoints. Together with clear translations of primary texts, this fully-updated edition features:
· A glossary of Sanskrit terms
· A guide to pronunciation
· Chronological list of philosophers & works
With study tools and constant reference to original texts, An Introduction to Indian Philosophyprovides students with deeper understanding of the foundations of Indian philosophy.